Diversity & Inclusion Policy
Source is an equal opportunities employer. This policy demonstrates Source’s commitment to creating and maintaining a working environment which supports equality, diversity and inclusion; is free from discrimination; and which respects an individual’s personal dignity. All individuals working for Source and job applicants are covered by this policy.
Equal opportunities principles
Source values diversity and is committed to the fair treatment of all workers and applicants, as it is good practice and makes business sense.
Source aims to ensure that:
- Our workplace is free from discrimination and unfair treatment on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy, disability, age, part-time status, fixed-term status, parental responsibilities or trade union membership; and
- All workers are treated with dignity and respect in the workplace.
In order to achieve this, Source commits to:
- Ensuring that there is no discrimination on any of the unlawful grounds listed above in recruitment and selection; training and development; promotion, appraisals, and career progression; remuneration and benefits decisions; terms and conditions of employment; disciplinary and grievance issues; transfer decisions; and in any decision relating to dismissal or redundancy
- Making all decisions affecting employment and career development (including those associated with recruitment, training, promotion, transfer, and general working conditions) based on the principles of fairness and merit
- Reviewing the requirements of job applicants and existing workers who have or have had a disability to ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to enable them to enter into or remain in employment with Source
- Ensuring all employees receive equal pay for the same work, work rated as equivalent, and work of equal value
- Training all employees about their rights and responsibilities under this policy
- Monitoring the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion, and in meeting the aims and commitments set out in this policy. Monitoring also includes assessing how this policy and supporting actions are working in practice, reviewing them annually, and considering and taking action to address any issues.
Our ambition is to ensure that diversity and inclusion are seen by all employees as foundational values that sit right at the heart of our identity as an organisation. We will do this by consistently applying the principles above, and by constantly challenging ourselves to do better. We do not want to be a business that merely pays lip service to these values; instead, we seek to embody them every day through the actions we take and the decisions we make.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this policy with us, please reach out to our Senior HR Manager, Laura Pisani-Ferry.